How do we convince people that in programming simplicity and clarity – in short: what mathematicians call elegance – are not a dispensable luxury, but a crucial matter that decides between success and failure?
-- Edsger W. Dijkstra
OneThingWell.dev is a custom combination of a software development wiki and a blog with a strong focus on simplicity and clarity. There are no ads, no analytics/tracking scripts, and everything is designed from the ground up to be fast, clean, and privacy-friendly.
The most amazing achievement of the computer software industry is its continuing cancellation of the steady and staggering gains made by the computer hardware industry.
-- Henry Petroski
Popular wiki/blog pages:
- Modern Web in Numbers [2 min read]
- Functional core, imperative shell [3 min read]
- Linux: Working With Daemons [2 min read]
- Simple, reliable, fast (in that order) [2 min read]
Recently added/updated pages:
- Traps and costs of failing abstractions [2 min read]
- Antifragile attitude in software development [1 min read]
- C pointers - main rules [4 min read]
- Unix Philosophy [2 min read]
- Tech snake oil-marketing and cargo cult programming [1 min read]
- Kubernetes cargo culting [3 min read]
- ll, ls, and related aliases [Linux & Unix] [4 min read]
- CLI: Pinging∕scanning a range of IPs [4 min read]